Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I am the story teller in a musical

In the Netherlands there are many schools. In The Hague, where I live, are there more then thirty! There are primary schools and secondary schools. In the primary schools there sometimes are more then 400 children! From all those children there are 40 children at least, who are last year students. Those children play in a musical. I did two musicals: www.weetwatjewilt.nl and the Lion King. The first one was at the primary school, the second musical in my secondary school, Hofstad Lyceum. We are still rehearsing. It's really hard, because we practice 7 hours a week (not during school time)! On the primary school, we practiced during school time. Then I was a mum, who didn't know anything about computers. In de Lion King, I'm the storyteller.
It's really nice to play in a musical, because on the evening of the musical you get make up on your face and really nice clothes. Then you walk on the stage and play your role. I hope you visit Holland once, and see the musical ,Beauty and the beast'.
By Rebecca Niese (12 years old)

No comments: