Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Our beautiful dunes


Hello, I’m Casper (12). I’m going to tell you something about our dunes. The Dutch coast is mainly built up out of dunes. The dunes protect us from the sea, because our country lies below sea level. The dunes are natural shapes, but they’re very handy. They clean most of our drinking water, you can walk really nice in it, or ride a horse or bike, they protect us from the sea and so on. There live many animals in the dunes, rabbits, birds (mostly sea gulls and ducks), foxes, lizards and much more. You mostly see the birds, because they live in the middle of the day. The rabbits live in the evening, so you don’t see them very much. There are also many plants. The dunes are very rough and there isn’t much water at some places. The plants that there live are mostly plants that can really good stand drought. The plants must be very strong, because there are sand storms and sometimes salt storms. Too much salt on the plants isn’t good. The salt absorbs water of the plant, so the plant dries out. The Dutch dunes are beautiful and I like them. Sometimes I’m going with my mountain bike to the dunes and that’s fun (and good for your condition).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Casper!!!
I liked to read what you have written about the Dutch dunes a lot. Very good work!!! Congratulations! I haven't seen the dunes although I've been to your beautiful country a few times. I have only seen them in pictures and I agree they are beautiful. I promise I will try and see them next time I go to Holland. OK?

Anonymous said...

This is a very good tekst! I like the story

Anonymous said...

He Casper! I agree with you, the dunes are very beautiful and there live many, many animals. I like hors-riding in the dunes!

Anonymous said...

Hi anonymous!

I agree that Casper wrote an excellent text. What is your name? Where are you from?

Bye!

Geo Stork, editor