Sunday, January 28, 2007

Carnival 2007 in Holland




This year I am going to join the carnival party in Noord-Brabant on 17, 18, 19 and 20 February . Unlike The Hague carnival is a big party over there with people who are dressed in fancy clothes. Many people will come to see this festival in the Southern (Roman Catholic) part of our country. There is always a Prince or Princess, not really a member of the Dutch Royal Family, but just everyday persons. They are chosen by the special community of carnival. The lord major will give them the ”key” of the city. How are they chosen? I don’t know... That is a pity. When the festival is starts many huge floats shows their beautiful decorations. The people of Noord-Brabant work very hard for the decorations on the vehicles. The owner of the vehicle takes place on his throne of the vehicle and scatters confetti over the crowd, who is acclaiming at the side. There is always much live music and it is certainly a big festival in the Roman Catholic provinces like Noord- Brabant and Limburg. You should really go there!! Like me, Revin van Alwijk

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Revin van Alwijk??? Huh???

Ooooh I understand, it's a game! Well then, my name is Klei Koenberg!! No that doesn't sound normal.... ;-)

Anonymous said...

I guess your pen-name would be: Klein Koeberg!!That sounds great!So supply us with a nice story, Klein!!

gr,

Geo Stork, editor

Anonymous said...

We wear a fancy costume in carnival of super heroes, pirates, cowboys and indians, etc. We have costume festivals. We play in the street with our friends. It is a day funny. We celebrate in february

Anonymous said...

The carnaval is fantastic.It is a shame that they are only four days in february.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pedro! Hi David! Thanks for your reaction!!Could you please tell us a bit more about the way you celebrate carnival over there? Are you from Asturias? From which school?

¡Hasta luego!!

Geo Stork, editor

Anonymous said...

hello everybody,
Carnival is great i like it very much a friend of my lives in breda and she tell some things about carnival and i'm going to join it this year i hope so that i like it.
Greets Revin van Alwijk

Anonymous said...

waaaaaaaaaah I don't want my name to be Klei...
lolz

Berg Koenklei maybe?? naaah...not good.
Boen Lkielerg?? nononononono

maybe it's better if I keep my own name :P

Anonymous said...

Hey Alvin, I heard you have to do a karaoke on carnival!! Tell about your experience!!! I am curious and I know I am not the only one!