Thursday, January 25, 2007

All about soccer


Hello world!! I have chosen for this sport, because I play football myself. Let me explain about soccer. Football is one of the most popular ball sport of the world and so it is in Holland. The best people are playing for 90 minutes and there are 11 players in the field. From both clubs, of course. You need footballshoes, a shirt, a football short and long socks. You must play it with your head, body and your feet, but a goalkeeper can take the ball with his hands only in the sixteen meter area.If the keeper is in the five meter area and a player is going to made a duel than it’s a freekick for the goalkeeper.The modern game was codified in England following the formation of the Football Association, whose 1863 Laws of the game created the foundations for the way the sport is played today. Football is governed internationally by the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). A player can get yellow and red if you make a normal tackle but on the legs or something than it’s yellow and if you make a very hard tackle it’s red, but if you get 2 times yellow than it’s red. I like football very much, because I play it every week.
Greets from Alvin van Reeuwijk, Hofstad Lyceum, T1A

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Alvin! Thanks to you I know more about soccer!

Geo Stork and the Hofstadgeographers said...

Yes!! Fina is right!! Are you a soccer player?? Please let us know!! Just click on comments!!

Anonymous said...

"Hup, Holland, Hup, laat de leeuw niet in z'n heeeeeeeeeeeempie staan!"

Oops that was Dutch!! It is a very famous Dutch 'soccersong'. Does anybody know the English word for 'hempie'?? Then I can make a translation!

PS: I don't play soccer but I'm speedskating!! (hardrijden op de schaats)

Koen Kleiberg (T1A)

Anonymous said...

Koen Kleiberg maybe you can translate it with a translarting machine searche it with google

an am i smart
*-XXX-* Anonymous

Anonymous said...

sorry translating machine

*xxx* Anonymous

Anonymous said...

I tried that before you told me, (Altavista) but they don't know...

And can you say your real name?? Would be nice...are you from Holland? Or another country? Let me plz know!!

Oh yes you're smart :P

Anonymous said...

Is it shirt or something?

Anonymous said...

Maybe...
But can you say your real name please?

Anonymous said...

Hi Anonymous.

If you send an email to hans.smit@hetnet.nl I can bring you into contact with Koen! Please add your name and country!

Feel free!

Geo Stork, editor

Anonymous said...

Onderhemd = undershirt
Hemd = shirt
I looked it up, Anonymous was wright